Crew Resource Management:
From Patient Safety to High Reliability
Authored by Safer Healthcare Founder and Board Member, David Marshall
This book is a comprehensive guide to the history, development and implementation of Crew Resource Management (Crew Resource Management) in healthcare settings. It answers the questions from “What is Crew Resource Management?” to detailing the the growing body of research, best practices, success stories and other information in order to explain, in one volume, the “what, why, and how” of Crew Resource Management and its documented contribution to patient safety and high reliability performance.
- Understand the evolution of Crew Resource Management and trace it back to itsorigins and development.
- Learn Crew Resource Management history
- Gain a better understanding of Crew Resource Management’s academic and scientific foundation.
- Make a business case for using Crew Resource Management in your healthcare organization.
- Explain Crew Resource Management’s simple and powerful training concepts to colleagues.
- Receive specific suggestions, patient safety communication tools, and protocols necessary to implement, promote and sustain the cultural and behavioral changes needed within healthcare organizations to assure continuous high reliability performance and make patient care safer.
“This book should be on the desk of every healthcare professional that works in a team environment. In today’s world of medicine, that’s just about everybody.”
- Mark Rosenthal, MD, PhD
Want to order a copy? Click here to download an order form. To order by phone call: 303 298 8083 or toll-free (US only) 866 398 8083. Educational and non-profit organizations qualify for bulk quantity discounts.
- Title: Crew Resource Management: From Patient Safety to High Reliability
- Author: David A. Marshall
- First Edition, 2010
- 378 pages
- Price: US$129.00
- Published and distributed by: Safer Healthcare Partners, LLC
- Bulk copies of this book are available at special quantity discounts for training and educational purposes.
- ISBN-13: 978-0-9843851-2-6
- ISBN-10: 0-9843851-2-6
Rights & Permissions
If you are interested in receiving permission to reproduce images and text from one of our publications or if you would like to inquire about securing subsidiary rights, please contact Safer Healthcare. Call or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review Copies & Author Interviews
If you are in the media and want to review a book, receive more information or images, or interview an author, please contact Safer Healthcare's publication department. Call or email email@example.com.
The book is divided into five key areas, including:
- Patient safety and human factors in healthcare
- Making the case for change in healthcare
- Overcoming barriers and adopting Crew Resource Management in healthcare organizations
- The six essential Crew Resource Management skills
- Crew Resource Management tools and educational resources
About the Author
David Marshall is a Founder and Board Member of Safer Healthcare, a leading education and consulting company based in Denver, Colorado. David delivers talks and keynote addresses worldwide on Crew Resource Management and the creation of high reliability organizations in health care through the development of safety, quality and cost savings programs using Lean strategies. He advises boards, executives and organizations in a variety of industries on high reliability concepts, including Crew Resource Management, High Reliability and Lean programming. David has written numerous articles and books, including: “Using Human Factors to Enhance Patient Safety,” the “Human Factors in Healthcare Learning Series” and “Crew Resource Management and High Reliability Concepts in Healthcare.”
Educational, professional, entertaining and highly inspirational. David Marshall embodies all of these attributes as a great public speaker. If you have read “Crew Resource Management: From Patient Safety to High Reliability” or one of his other books, articles, or publications, then you already have a sense of what you might like him to speak about to your organization or group. David Marshall is an in-demand healthcare speaker and consultant. His culture changing message detailing the solutions to the patient safety and quality care crises resonate deeply with all healthcare audiences.